EDALE SKYLINE CHALLENGE
The Edale Skyline Challenge is a superb circular route of the Peak District National Park . The route is around 20 miles in length and has 1500 meters of height gain. The views are stunning, with good footpaths and plenty of options to shorten or lengthened the route as required. For this reason the Edale Skyline Challenge is a perfect medium level challenge event and can be completed by most fit hill walkers.
On this challenge event you will summit the wonderful peaks of Kinder Scout southern edge, Brown Knoll, Win Hill, Mam Tor, Back Tor, Rushup Edge and Lose Hill. This superb challenge is a great way to explore the Peak District but it’s also great training for some of other challenge that are more difficult like Snowdonia 10 Peak Challenge or our National 3 Peaks Challenge.
GET IN TOUCH FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE EDALE SKYLINE CHALLENGE
WE OFFER EDALE SKYLINE CHALLENGE EVENTS ON BESPOKE DATES TO PRIVATE GROUPS
All our adventure events are bespoke to suit your group and we’ll work with you to create the perfect package for your Edale Skyline Challenge. We offer challenge event packages that include;
- Mountain Guides – Qualified mountain guides to lead you on the Edale Skyline Challenge.
- Transportation – Transport around the challenge over the challenge day and to the challenge location as required.
- Equipment – Equipment can be borrowed on request.
- Accommodation – Accommodation can be providied to suit your groups needs – typically hotels or bunkhouses.
- Food – Food packages can be provided from 3 course evening meals to mountains snacks.
TOP TIPS – IF YOU’RE TRYING IT BY YOURSELVES
- Phone Signal – There’s no phone reception in the bottom of Edale valley. Make sure whoever you’re meeting know where they are going. You’ll get signal up on the ridge.
- Cash – You have to pay to park. They don’t take cards so make sure you have some cash.
- Toilets – There’s toilets at the main car park.
- Parking – The main car park costs £5 for the day. The railway car park costs £2.50.
- Either Way – The challenge can be completed in either direction.
EDALE SKYLINE CHALLENGE – The Mountains
- Win Hill 463m
- Wooler Knoll 383m
- Lose Hill 476m
- Hollins Cross 411m
- Mam Tor 517m
- Horsehill Tor 538m
- Brown Knoll 569m
- Kinder Low 633m
- Grindslow Knoll 601m
- Nether Tor 590m
And plenty of others……
EDALE SKYLINE CHALLENGE – The Route
- Experienced UK guide/instructor (first aid qualified)
- Transport around the challenge
- Accommodation – if required
- Media package
- All food
- £10 Million Event Insurance
- Details kit lists and event information
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Transport to the challenge (unless prearranged)
- Personal spending money
- Personal equipment (unless prearranged)
WHAT CLIENTS SAY
What an epic day. Dave gave us an amazing day on Wintours leap. We covered more than I could have hoped. Dave understood exactly what our objectives of the day were, excellent value for money. Dave was the most professional, and clearly knew his stuff.
Dave and his team hosted Noah’s Ark Charity Dangle event Sunday 16th October 2016 from Newport Transporter Bridge and we couldn’t have picked a better team of instructors to help us..
All of the guides were extremely supportive and had the groups best interest at the forefront of everything we did, they were also very knowledgeable about the mountains and what lay ahead of us. This is the first time we have used Dave but definitely not the last!
Dave and Robyn guided a group of us to four 4000+m peaks in the Atlas Mountains, including Toubkal – the highest in North Africa. They were always full of energy and continually kept the team motivated. You were never in doubt that they were fully prepared for all eventualities, using ropes when required and even having a foam roller for those of us with tight muscles! On top of this, they were always teaching us important mountain skills, with demonstrations and giving everyone the chance to practice these skills in a safe and fun but relevant environment. I also thought they were excellent at tailoring the experience to different peoples wants and needs.
Without a doubt my favourite adventure holiday of the year – i’m already looking to book another one with Dave in the New year!
Highly recommended 🙂 Dave was a great guide, super fun and a good photographer too, capturing all the best bits of our expedition.
The best rock climbing instruction I’ve ever had. Extremely clear and engaging.
I just wanted to add that the quality of instruction was actually more than excellent! I learned loads of things that were very empowering and challenging, while always feeling very safe and in a friendly atmosphere. I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed my day. Many thanks to Dave!
I will happily tell all my friends that it is one of the best things I have ever had the good fortune to do.
Dave, was excellent. He manages to combine an inspirational passion for climbing with very knowledgeable advice and instruction and an unerring eye for safety.
It has been an amazing experience. A gigantic sincere Thank you to Dave for his care, effort and lovely sense of humor! He made us really happy.
Just wanted to pass on my thanks for a fantastic abseiling service from you guys yesterday. The feedback from all was what a professional and warmhearted company you are and even the very fearful felt safe and cared for and thanked you for your patience and reassurance.
It would be an understatement to say the Abberley Hall Clock Tower Abseil event exceeded my expectations.
Highly recommended 🙂 Dave was a great guide, super fun and a good photographer too, capturing all the best bits of our expedition. He went out of his way to make sure everyone was smiling, even in the toughest parts of the climb, throwing us little nuggets of motivation here and there & adding plenty of comedy moments!