MALVERN HILLS TRAIL HALF MARATHON
This is a superb trail half marathon. The course is varied and hilly but there’s not cut off time. The staff and the atmosphere is friendly and runners from around the UK enjoy this race year on year. Places are limited and we don’t allow on the day entries – if you want a place please book via the form.
The Malvern Hills Trail Half Marathon is a 13 mile offroad trail running event being held on Saturday 18th April 2020. Entry to the race costs £36.50 which includes:
- Race entry fee
- Free race photos
- Donation to the Malvern Hills Trust
- Race timing
- Sign posted race route
- Feed stations/water stops
- Staffed checkpoints
- Event Parking
- Physio support (if needed)
- Post race massage – donation towards cost of equipment (recommended minimum £5).
The race headquarters will be at the Regents Theological College by the Sugarloaf Café. We will be meeting at 8:45 am on Saturday 18th April 2020. The race starts at 10 am.
Elim Arts Centre
West Malvern Road
WHAT TO BRING
- Running shoes that are comfortable and have been worn before
- Running clothes, suitable for the weather
- A windproof jacket
- A fully charged mobile phone with the race director’s number stored
- A change of clothes
- A water bottle to be used when running
- £10 for emergencies
- Enthusiam for a challenge!
Meet at 8:45 am on Saturday 18th April 2020
Registration opens at 9:00 am
Safety briefing at 9:45 am
Race starts at 10 am
The route starts at the stunning grounds of Elim Arts Centre at Sugarloaf Cafe, and heads straight out onto the Malvern Hills. The trail heads south through woodlands, fields, forests and rolling hills towards Wynd’s Point. At Wynd’s Point you climb up onto the ridge line and follow it north with stunning views either side before dropping down to the finish line.
There will be a feed/water station at the halfway point, and a feed/water station and toilets every 3 miles. There are also staffed checkpoints at mile three, six and nine.