MALVERN HILLS TRAIL HALF MARATHON
GENERAL INFORMATION – THIS EVENT HAS NOW SOLD OUT
The Malvern Hills Trail Half Marathon is a 13 mile offroad trail running event being held on Saturday 27th April 2019. Entry to the race costs £35 which includes:
- Event parking
- Race entry fee
- Donation to the Malvern Hills Trust
- Race timing
- Sign posted race route
- Feed stations/water stops
- Staffed checkpoints
- Physio support (if needed)
- Post race massage – donation towards cost of equipment (recommended minimum £5).
The race headquarters will be at the Regents Theological College by the Sugarloaf Café. We will be meeting at 8:45am on Saturday 27th April 2019. The race starts at 10am.
Elim Arts Centre
West Malvern Road
WHAT TO BRING
- Running shoes that are comfortable and have been worn before
- Running clothes, suitable for the weather
- A windproof jacket
- A fully charged mobile phone with the race director’s number stored
- A change of clothes
- A water bottle to be used when running
- £10 for emergencies
- Enthusiam for a challenge!
Meet at 8:45am on Saturday 27th April 2019
Registration opens at 9:00am
Safety briefing at 9:30am
Race starts at 10am
The route starts at the stunning grounds of Elim Arts Centre at Sugarloaf Cafe, and heads straight out onto the Malvern Hills. The trail heads south through woodlands, fields, forests and rolling hills towards Wynd’s Point. At Wynd’s Point you climb up onto the ridge line and follow it north with stunning views either side before dropping down to the finish line.
There will be a feed/water station at the halfway point, and a feed/water station and toilets every 3 miles. There are also staffed checkpoints at mile three, six and nine.