TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Acknowledgment of Risk
Adventurous activities, by their nature, involve an element of risk which cannot be totally eliminated. Every care is taken by Dave Talbot Ltd to ensure the safety and wellbeing of participants. However, adventurous activities do involve the acceptance of risk and of responsibility for the consequences of one’s actions.
Adventurous activities are frequently physically demanding and require a reasonable level of fitness. By presenting on the course/event you are declaring yourself fit, free from injury, and able to participate in the activity/event booked.
All participants on a Dave Talbot Ltd course or event must be aware of this and accept the risks associated with the chosen activity.
Terms and Conditions
- A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the quoted price will secure the booking and the chosen date. If the event or course is less than £500, full payment will be needed to secure the date.
- Should a site visit be required, the fee for this is due regardless of whether or not the event goes ahead.
- The balance is due two weeks before the event/course.
- Only persons over the age of 18 may participate in the event, unless consent has been given by a parent or legal guardian in which case the minimum age is 12 unless agreed prior.
- If you are undergoing any medical treatment or have a physical or medical condition (including being on medication) that may affect your ability to participate on your chosen course, please bring it to the attention of the Dave Talbot Ltd staff prior to the start of the course.
- Dave Talbot Ltd reserves the right to exclude any client from an activity if their actions are thought to be endangering the safety of themselves or others.
- Any client who acts in contravention of the decisions or advice of the Dave Talbot Ltd instructor or undertakes independent activities during the course will forfeit all professional protection and duty of care from Dave Talbot Ltd.
- Personal belongings are the participants’ own responsibility. We do not accept responsibility for any loss of or damage to any personal belongings during Dave Talbot Ltd events or courses.
- Dave Talbot Ltd reserve the right to decline a booking or cancel an existing booking.
- Dave Talbot Ltd owns all the media and photos taken on an event unless agreed prior. Photos and media will be shared on Dave Talbot Ltd social media pages only.
Cancellation by Dave Talbot Ltd
- Every attempt will be made by Dave Talbot Ltd to ensure that the courses and events run, however should a cancellation be unavoidable then the client will be notified at the earliest opportunity.
- Should Dave Talbot Ltd cancel an event then the client shall be entitled to either a refund of all money paid or a transfer to an alternative date.
- In the case of cancellation of an event due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. severe weather conditions, terrorist act, police incident etc) then a full refund will be paid less actual costs incurred up to the point of cancellation.
Cancellation by Client
- All cancellations must be made in writing (email is acceptable).
- In case of cancellation the following applies: Loss of 20% deposit in all cases, 4 – 8 weeks’ notice then 50% of the balance is due, between 2 – 4 weeks’ notice then 75% of the balance is due, less than 2 weeks’ notice then the full balance is due.
- Should the client wish to reschedule the event then a small additional fee may be required and this will be discussed and agreed at the time.
- Running events: cancellations are non refundable but places can be transferred by email notification. An admin fee of £5 is payable for transferring a place.
- Vouchers can be redeemed up to one year after date of purchase. After this date the voucher is void.
- Vouchers cannot be refunded.