VIRTUAL RACE SERIES
After the Corvid – 19 virus hit the world in 2020, it had an enormous impact on the daily lives of everyone. Outdoor space, travelling, holidays and the working lives of the ordinary person all became effected. Over night, all of our trail running races and outdoor events got postponed and that gave birth to this – Dave Talbot Adventure Events – Virtual Race Series.
Our first race was a virtual version of the Malvern Hills Trail Half Marathon and now this……
Twister Half Marathon – Race with a Difference
TWISTER HALF MARATHON – RACE WITH A DIFFERENCE
You must run 13.1 miles and record it using Strava (STRAVA LINK HERE) or similar App, whilst keeping to Government guidelines on Covid – 19.
- You must run by yourself or with a small group of people
- You must stay at least 2 meters away from people you meet
- You must record your run and enter your results
- Twister Rules – for every 25 metre of height gained on your 10 mile run route, you will have one minute knocked off your finishing time. This will even out the playing field for those running a flat / fast 10 miles to those running a hilly route……but which one will win??
There will be a bonus prize for best Strava drawing, most height gained and best photo during the race – good luck.
- The race date is 20th June 2020
- Start when you like
- Run, walk, jog 21 km and have a great journey
HELP US CONTINUE TO PROVIDE FREE RACES BY DONATING
We’ll continue to put all our virtual races on for free but for those that can afford it and have enjoyed the event – a small donation goes a long way to covering our costs and time putting these events on. Many thanks.
PAST RACES – VIRTUAL RACE SERIES
- Fastest Male Time – Oliver Carrington – 10 mile time 0:59 with 232 meters height gained = 50 minute TT time!!
- Fastest Female Time – Helen Beck – 10 mile time 1:09 with 232 meters height gained = 60 minute TT time!!
Most Height Gain – Kate Dolphin with 1407 meters of ascent….. Double thumbs up from me 🙂
- Fastest Male Time – Adam Mulholland – 42 minutes with 425 meters of height gain = Time 25 minutes!!
- Fastest Female Time – Sarah Gresswell – 48 minutes with 326 meters of height gain = Time 35 minutes!!
- Most Height Gain – Richard Lambert – 1115 meters in 10km…….wow!!!!