WYE VALLEY TRAIL RACE
This superb and scenic 15 mile trail running race event starts and finishes at Chepstow race course with parking and race HQ onsite. The trail run crosses two countries – England and Wales, two bridges over the river Wye, passes two famous landmarks – Tintern Abbey and Chepstow Castle and includes the two famous trails – Offas Dyke and the Wye Valley Walk Way.
This route epitomises the Wye Valley trails in every way, rolling forest trails, stunning views, historic landmarks and a mix of technical ascents / descents, open fields and views across the Severn estuary and River Wye.
Race entry costs £42.50 and includes:
- Free race parking (onsite) and hospitality at Chepstow race course.
- Fully arrow marked route.
- Free race photos for all.
- Race timing and results.
- No cut off time.
- Medals and prizes for all.
- Three feed / water stations on route.
- Partnered with the Forestry Commission England – donations being made per entrant.
- Medical and event support.
- Staffed checkpoints.
- Physio support (if needed).
- Post race massage – donation towards cost of equipment (recommended minimum £5).
WHAT TO BRING
- Suitable off road running shoes
- Running clothes, suitable for the weather
- A windproof jacket
- A fully charged mobile phone with the race director’s number stored
- A change of clothes
- A water bottle to be used when running
- £10 for emergencies
- Enthusiam for a challenge!
Meet at 8:45 am on Saturday 5th September 2020
Registration opens at 8:45 am
Safety briefing at 9:40 am
Race starts at 10 am
WYE VALLEY TRAIL RACE – LOCATION
The race parking and HQ is based at the fabulous Chepstow race course. The parking is free of charge and the start / finish line is just across the road. Toilets and bag drop are to be found at the race course. Registration and the handing out of race numbers is done on the day.
Chepstow Race Course, St Lawrence Rd, Chepstow NP16 6BE