ABOUT DAVE TALBOT – ADVENTURE EVENTS
HOW IT STARTED
About Dave Talbot – Adventure Events. The company was setup by Dave Talbot 14 years ago. Dave was brought up in the small village of Tytherington just north of Bristol. Here he developed his love for the outdoors – working on farms, riding mountain bikes and generally getting into trouble. At the age of 7, Dave went on his first family skiing holiday to the famous ski resort of Kitzbuehel in Austria. Dave remembers breaking away from his parents field of view and taking the lift to the top of the world cup downhill racing ski slope – ‘The Hahnenkamm”. He decided to ski down this in a mach 10 snow-plough – wildly out of control, but with a smile from ear to ear. From that moment on the mountains, adventures, skiing and personal challenges would be a part of his daily life.
Dave joined the scouts and learned more about the natural environment – going on expeditions and camping trips around the UK. In his teenage years, he raced motocross at a high level before a bad injury led him to the decision to start rock climbing. At 18, he decided not to study architecture at university, but to instead follow his heart and passion and work in the outdoor industry.
ABOUT DAVE TALBOT
Dave Talbot has a passion for all the activities and events that he runs and works on. He has extensive experience and certificated expertise. Holding the Mountain Instructor Award (MIA), he is a full member of the AMI (Association of Mountaineering Instructors). He also holds many qualifications from other sports. Dave has 15 years of experience teaching in the outdoors. He also has 10 years of experience running large events for companies around the world. Dave loves passing on knowledge and helping people get the most from their adventures.
Dave has travelled all over the world skiing, climbing, guiding and coaching, from America to Thailand. Dave’s outdoor career highlights include:
- 8 Winter Seasons in the Alps working as a ski instructor and guide
- 4 Winter Seasons in Scotland
- Onsight climbing up to E4
- Head pointing up to E6
- Repointing up to F7b+
- Guided BBC presenter Andy Torbet up the North Face of Triglav for a Suzuki self film project
- Climbed El Cap in Yosemite
- Climbing expeditions to Lobuche 6119m and Kyajo Ri 6186m – Nepal
- North Face of Mt Kenya 5199 m via Standard Route IV+ in 10 hours up and down.
- Kilimanjaro Expedition 5895 m
- Eleven peaks above 4000 metres in 6 days guiding clients in Morocco.
- Climbed and skied the north face of Elbrus 5642 meters – the highest mountain in Europe
- Climbed and skied Toubkal 4167 meters – the highest mountain in northern Africa
- Led M8
- Worked on the Ice Climbing World Cup for 3 years
- Scottish Winter Climbing up to grade 6
- Cycle Endurance Rides such as cycling across Spain, 3 Cities, London to Paris
- Run the Pembrokeshire Coast Path (202 miles and 11,000 meters of ascent) in 5.5 days
- Guided London to Paris cycle 10 times
- Soloed the Weissmeis 4017m from the valley floor up and down in 7 hours 14 minutes
- Guided the UK 3 Peaks Challenge on a push bike
- Climbed and skied all across Europe, Africa, Russia, America, Canada and Thailand
- Climbed new routes on the chalk stacks of the Isle of Wight for the BBC program ‘Coast’
- New routes around the world from the Alps to Pembroke and locally at Avon Gorge – Bristol
WHAT CLIENTS SAY
What an epic day. Dave gave us an amazing day on Wintours leap. We covered more than I could have hoped. Dave understood exactly what our objectives of the day were, excellent value for money. Dave was the most professional, and clearly knew his stuff.
Dave and his team hosted Noah’s Ark Charity Dangle event Sunday 16th October 2016 from Newport Transporter Bridge and we couldn’t have picked a better team of instructors to help us..
All of the guides were extremely supportive and had the groups best interest at the forefront of everything we did, they were also very knowledgeable about the mountains and what lay ahead of us. This is the first time we have used Dave but definitely not the last!
Just wanted to say a very big thanks to yourself, Dave and Marcus for a brilliant day yesterday! Great success! As a district of 12 stores allowing us to do the Abseil at Peel Tower we will of raised around £4,500 for comic relief!
Highly recommended 🙂 Dave was a great guide, super fun and a good photographer too, capturing all the best bits of our expedition.
The best rock climbing instruction I’ve ever had. Extremely clear and engaging.
I just wanted to add that the quality of instruction was actually more than excellent! I learned loads of things that were very empowering and challenging, while always feeling very safe and in a friendly atmosphere. I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed my day. Many thanks to Dave!
I will happily tell all my friends that it is one of the best things I have ever had the good fortune to do.
Dave, was excellent. He manages to combine an inspirational passion for climbing with very knowledgeable advice and instruction and an unerring eye for safety.
It has been an amazing experience. A gigantic sincere Thank you to Dave for his care, effort and lovely sense of humor! He made us really happy.
Just wanted to pass on my thanks for a fantastic abseiling service from you guys yesterday. The feedback from all was what a professional and warmhearted company you are and even the very fearful felt safe and cared for and thanked you for your patience and reassurance.
It would be an understatement to say the Abberley Hall Clock Tower Abseil event exceeded my expectations.
Dave Talbot wants to pass on his enthusiasm, knowledge and experience on all of his adventure events. The team that work with Dave are the most experienced, qualified instructors in the outdoor industry. They do more than just the hard skills of keeping people safe. They take great photos, teach about the environment and have friendly banter – helping to make the experiences more fulfilling.
Dave Talbot – Adventure Events has been featured on the BBC, Channel 4 and Blink Films demonstrating safe working practices in the outdoor industry. Dave’s company has helped big brands such as Hyundai, Land Rover and Suzuki create adverts for television and the press. More information can be found here – http://davetalbot.net/adventurecontent/
Dave Talbot – Adventure Events will offer free advice on any event. We’ll give you the ideas you need to create the very best event and then work with you to deliver that adventure event. Get in touch here.